Cast Iron Appam Pan
The Indus Valley Cast Iron Appam pan are pre-seasoned making it ready to use.
The wide handles make it easy and comfortable to handle and use.
Even spreading of heat helps in making fluffy appam without the food being burnt.
Tasty – Expect improved taste when cooking in Cast Iron Pans. Appams
served with coconut milk, spicy condiment or curry taste much better in Cast Iron Pans compared to other vessels.
It enriches your food with iron.
Natural – Unlike any Teflon and other Non-sticks, Cast Iron Pan is a Healthy Alternative.
Cleaning and Maintenance:
Once you have cooked everything with your cast iron cookware, clean it immediately. Do not leave it in the sink for so long. This prevents rusting of iron.
- Use warm water and a mild sponge to clean the Appam pan.
- A dish-washing liquid is sufficient to wash off the food remains.
- Once it is clean, dry the cookware completely.
Seasoning steps of Cast Iron Appam Pan :
All The Indus Valley cast iron products are completely hand seasoned. But it needs cleaning and seasoning for few times before cooking.
- Once you received your Appam Pan, Clean it completely using mild dish-washing liquid and water.
- After cleaning, wipe it using a soft cloth and heat in a medium flame to dry it.
- Once it is dry, apply cooking oil all over it and leave it for 6-8 hours.
- Heat the Appam Pan under medium flame for 4-5 mins. After 5 mins, switch it off and let it cool down completely. Then, Scrub it with a soft scrubber.
- Once it is done, use a soft cloth to wipe away the excess oil and store the Appam Pan in a dry place.
- Repeat the process for 3- 4 times before starting to cook to get your desired result. On further usage, it becomes non-sticky and your food will taste the best.