- Once you received your product, clean it completely using mild dish-washing liquid and water.
- After cleaning, wipe it using a soft cloth and heat it on a medium flame to dry it.
- Wash and pat dry the products. (You can also heat it on the stove mildly to remove any water)
- Once it is dry, apply cooking oil all over. Heat the product under medium flame for 4-5 mins.
- After 5 mins, switch it off and let it cool down completely.
- Once it is done, use a soft cloth or tissue to wipe away the excess oil.
- Store the product in a dry place.
CAST IRON FAQ
Most frequent questions and answers
Not only is it safe, but a very healthy transition from non-stick cookware.
Seasoning makes the cooking surface naturally non-stick and gets even better with use.
Cast iron enhances the taste of your food. It brings restaurant like flavors to safe home cooked food.
If exposed to water for a prolonged period of time, it is possible. But do not worry, we got you. Regular seasoning ensures that cast iron cookware remains rust free. (Seasoning steps above in product description)
Not at all. Seasoning the cookware, is all the care that it needs.
The Indus Valley cast iron cookware are built to last for more than a lifetime, so you don’t ever have to worry about having it replaced.
You can cook any kind of food in cast iron cookware, but when cooking food with citric (lemon or tomato) ingredients, it is always recommended to shift it to another vessel post cooking.
The Indus Valley Cast iron cookware is built to cook on gas stoves and ovens.
Regularly. It gets better with use.
If the surface is rusted, scrub the rust away, wash the surface, wipe it dry and season it. Your cookware is now good to use.