Super Smooth Cast Iron Tawa (11 inch)
The Indus Valley cast iron dosa tawa is gas stove and induction safe. It is suitable for all Indian kitchens. All our cookware is made in India. Your purchase is making a huge change for the hands that make it. Thank you!
The super smooth range of cast iron cookware is superior in quality. It is easy to use and can be used right out of the box. It is made to maximize your comfort.
Cast iron dosa tawa becomes hot, quick and easy. So, it saves on gas and heating time. Food cooked in cast iron dosa tawa has a delicious and traditional taste. Cast iron dosa tawa is suitable for both amateurs and experts.
- Ideal for cutting down on oil and butter use
- Use on gas, electric or induction stovetops
- Increases iron content of food
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Colour: Black, Material: Cast Iron, Shape: Round
- Perfect and Round Dosas with Added Nutrition
Usage and Care
All ‘The Indus Valley’ cast iron products are completely hand seasoned. You can wash the product and start using it.
- Use water and a soft sponge to clean the pan.
- A dish-washing liquid is sufficient to wash off the food remains.
- Once it is clean, dry the cookware completely.
Always pat dry the product before storing it. Do not leave the cookware in the sink for too long. This prevents rusting of iron.
All your products come pre-seasoned and ready to use. If you want to re-season the product you can follow the steps below –
- Wash and pat dry the products. (You can also heat in the stove mildly to remove any water)
- Once it is dry, apply cooking oil all over. Heat the product under medium flame for 4-5 mins.
- After 5 mins, switch it off and let it cool down completely.
- Once it is done, use a soft cloth or tissue to wipe away the excess oil.
- Store the product in a dry place.
Why Is The Indus Valley Cast Iron Cookware Better Than Non-stick?
Seasoning Steps Shared by Our Customer
Choose Healthy Food, Choose Indus Valley!
CAST IRON FAQ
Not only is it safe, but a very healthy transition from non-stick cookware.
Seasoning makes the cooking surface naturally non-stick and gets even better with use.
Cast iron enhances the taste of your food. It brings restaurant like flavors to safe home cooked food.
If exposed to water for a prolonged period of time, it is possible. But do not worry, we got you. Regular seasoning ensures that cast iron cookware remains rust free. (Seasoning steps above in product description)
Not at all. Seasoning the cookware, is all the care that it needs.
The Indus Valley cast iron cookware are built to last for more than a lifetime, so you don’t ever have to worry about having it replaced.
You can cook any kind of food in cast iron cookware, but when cooking food with citric (lemon or tomato) ingredients, it is always recommended to shift it to another vessel post cooking.
The Indus Valley Cast iron cookware is built to cook on gas stoves and ovens.
Regularly. It gets better with use.
If the surface is rusted, scrub the rust away, wash the surface, wipe it dry and season it. Your cookware is now good to use.