Your Shopping Cart(0)
Aluminium Pressure Cooker vs Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
Pressure cookers are well-known for their ability to cook food by utilising steam. And in relation to that comes the most common thought as to which cooker is best aluminium or steel. Aluminium and stainless steel pressure cookers are popular picks in Indian kitchens because of their ability to prepare food quickly. For instance, cooking meat using pressure cookers takes far less time when compared to the time taken to cook the same food with other types of cookware, such as an aluminium pan.
It is important that you know about the pros and cons of each type of pressure cooker to make the right choice as per your needs. This article walks you through all the important parameters you will have to consider about both aluminium and stainless steel pressure cookers before you make a purchase. If you’re looking for reliable, safe and long-lasting cookware, rely upon the industry-leading range of The Indus Valley kitchenware.
Which Pressure Cooker Is Best For Health?
Many people do not know that the choice of their pressure cooker can affect their health greatly. The surface of aluminium pressure cookers tends to react with acidic foods during and after preparation. Hence, the use of aluminium pressure cookers can cause adverse effects on your health. Stainless steel is non-reactive to acidic and salty food items, making cookers made of stainless steel a healthier choice. Stainless steel is also a metal that conducts heat very slowly due to its alloy structure. Consequently, the cookers made out of stainless steel are less likely to burn food even if you forget that the cooker is on the stove for a while. This makes them a great pick for people who are new to cooking.
To some extent, aluminium pressure cookers dissolve into the food we prepare when we cook food at high temperatures. This is extremely dangerous and also one of the major reasons why professionals recommend using quality stainless steel cookware for daily cooking.
Main Differences Between Aluminium Pressure Cookers and Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
Aluminium pressure cookers are one of the most popular and evergreen choices to cook with, especially for Indians. Why? There are plenty of reasons for that. Aluminium pressure cookers are great conductors of heat and are well suited for people who prefer to cook food with very little oil.
Falling in a fairly economic bracket, they are also extremely affordable and easily accessible in the Indian market. One of the other major advantages of aluminium pressure cookers is that they are pretty lightweight, making them easy to carry and handle.
However, aluminium cookware also comes with a few concerns. Having a ductile material as the main component, they get damaged easily and offer less durability when compared to other cookware materials available on the market. Due to their reactive nature towards acidic and salty foods, they are not the healthiest choice for cooking either.
Also, as aluminium is a great conductor of heat, aluminium cookers tend to overheat quickly; this can result in the unexpected burning of food. It can also make way for the formation of stubborn stains on the cooker that are hard to remove with only regular cleaning.
Considering everything, stainless steel cookers are a better choice when compared to aluminium cookers as they overcome all the drawbacks of aluminium cookers.
5 Benefits of Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
- They are a healthier choice for cooking food as they do not react and leach while preparing salty and acidic foods.
- Moreover, they help avoid unnecessary burning of food as well as staining of the pressure cooker.
- Stainless steel pressure cookers are also highly durable and exhibit great resistance to damage.
- They are dishwasher safe and easy to clean using regular dishwashing liquid.
- With very little maintenance, stainless steel pressure cookers remain shiny for years.
One of the drawbacks of a local brand stainless steel pressure cooker is that you will have to spend a comparatively longer time cooking due to its slow heat conduction. However, many models of steel pressure cookers now come with an aluminium or copper coating on their bottom surface to speed up the cooking time and distribute heat more evenly.
Further still, there are reputed pressure cooker brands which ensure that their cooker doesn’t allow aluminium to come in contact with food. And The Indus Valley is one such best pressure cooker brand that is concerned about users’ health.
What is Special About Indus Valley Pressure Cooker?
The brand’s recently launched Tri Ply Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker and Inner Lid Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker with Sandwich Bottom are built with 304 food grade stainless steel. The triply pressure cooker is made of 3 layers of metals with aluminium at the core. Whereas the inner lid pressure cooker has only a tri-ply base. Both have strong and durable body that enables even heating as well as fast cooking unlike aluminium or a normal ss pressure cooker.
10 Advantages of Using Indus Valley Cooker
- TOTALLY CHEMICAL FREE - Both cookers have no harmful toxin coating. They’re completely food-safe.
- PRESERVES VITAMINS-MINERALS - Indus Valley pressure cooker ensures even heating. This feature prevents loss of vitamins/minerals in the steam.
- EXTRA TASTY FOOD - Preserves natural colours and flavours which makes all dishes tastier.
- SAFETY ASSURANCE - Both outer lid pressure cooker and the sandwich bottom cooker are ISI and ISO 9001 certified. The pressure cookers have special safety features including cool touch pressure cooker parts to ensure utmost protection & convenience.
- STRONG CONSTRUCTION - The premium grade stainless steel pressure cookers are durable, scratch and rust resistant. Both support even heat distribution and rapid cooking.
- FAST-EASY COOKING - Compared to aluminium pressure cookers, each Indus Valley pressure cooker does faster cooking. They are really convenient and easy to use.
- SAVES MONEY - You can cook healthy, tasty meals in 20 minutes because of fast heat transfer. This helps you to save time, gas and money.
- ALL IN ONE PRESSURE COOKER - The pressure cookers are best for all purpose cooking. They are friendly with multiple heat sources; like each being gas and induction base pressure cooker.
- EASY TO CLEAN - You won’t have any cleaning hassles as the cookers prevent food burning up to 90% as well as food from sticking.
- WARRANTY ASSURANCE - Each Indus Valley inner lid pressure cooker has a 5 year warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions About Aluminium and Stainless Steel Pressure Cookers
This is subjective to each person. One choice will always be better than the other, depending on your needs and priorities. For those who are on the lookout for a cooker that is easy to use and quick to prepare food, an aluminium pressure cooker would be the best option. However, if you prefer getting healthier and heavy-duty kitchenware, there is no doubt that a stainless steel cooker will be the apt choice for you.
Stainless steel cookers are less likely to burn food and cause stubborn stains. Hence, their cleaning is not something you’ll have to worry about. You can clean them quickly and easily using a soft sponge and regular dishwashing liquid. Make sure to avoid the use of harsh metal scrubbers as they can cause scratches on their surface.
Since stainless steel pressure cookers pretty much cover all the limitations of aluminium pressure cookers, we can say that they are definitely worth the money you spend. One important aspect you should always consider, other than ease of cooking, is health. Spending money on safe cooking is always worth it as you can enjoy its benefits in the long run.
The heat conductivity of your pressure cooker is a crucial factor that impacts your cooking time. When the food cooks fast, it also uses less oil. Aluminium pressure cookers allow fast cooking of food without using too much oil when compared to cooking in stainless steel pressure cookers.
So while pressure cooker online shopping, you are particular about finding the best stainless steel pressure cooker in India that blends convenience and health, The Indus Valley has it here. Whether you want to know pressure cooker price or need a small pressure cooker for daily cooking, you can explore website and get multiple choices that you can pick from.