How to Clean Copper Bottles?
Clean Copper Bottles: In Ayurveda, it is recommended to drink water from a copper vessel. Drinking water from Copper Vessels regularly has many health benefits. Fill the Copper Bottles and leave let them rest for 3 hours. If possible, leave it overnight. Water gets Copper properties and its benefits during this time. Copper kills undesirable bacteria and viruses. This helps in purifying the water.
Copper does tarnish as we use it. It needs to be cleaned to maintain the health benefits and the shine. Here are the top 7 methods:
Method 1: Vinegar And Salt Method
- Table salt and vinegar combinations reduce oxidization from copper bottles.
- Rub in. Keep rubbing the copper vessel to remove any tarnishing and grime.
- Rinse off.
- Polish up with a clean, soft, dry cloth.
Method 2: Vinegar And Salt Method With Heat
- Place 1 tablespoon salt and 1 cup white vinegar into a large pot. Fill with water.
- Place the copper vessel or bottle into the pot.
- Bring to a boil and continue boiling until the tarnish comes off.
- Remove copper vessel. Once cooled, wash with soap in hot water. Rinse and dry.
Method 3: Lemon/Lime Method
- You can clean tarnish off items like copper pots and plates by using lemons.
- Cut two lemons/limes into halves.
- Rub over the tarnished areas until removed. If you want, add salt to the lemon/lime half.
- Rinse and polish. You may rub the copper glass with a scotch Brite pad before rinsing.
Method 4: Lemon And Salt Method
- Squeeze lemon juice from one lemon.
- Add salt and mix to form a paste.
- Rub the paste over the copper glass with a soft cloth.
- Rinse off with warm water and polish. Polish with beeswax for a lasting shine.
Method 5: Salt, Vinegar, And Flour Method
- Place 1 tablespoon of salt in 1 cup of white vinegar.
- Make a paste by adding flour gradually. Mix together well.
- Apply the paste to the copper vessel and smear over tarnished areas.
- Leave for 15 minutes to one hour.
- Rinse with warm water and polish.