How To Clean Cast Iron Cookware?
Have you bought a new cast iron cookware knowing its health benefits? If yes, then you did a great job! Now, have you ever experienced a situation where instead of cooking some tasty food, you ended up burning your pan or Kadai?
If you did, then don’t worry. You are not the only one. This blog is going to help you with the basic steps on cleaning your cast iron cookware and seasoning it.
How to Clean?
All ‘The Indus Valley’ cast iron products are completely hand seasoned. You can wash the products and start using them. Here are basic cleaning steps for cast iron cookware -
- Use water and a soft sponge to clean the pan or Kadai.
- A dish-washing liquid is sufficient to wash off the food remains.
- Once it is clean, dry the cookware completely.
Always pat dry the cast iron product before storing it. Do not leave the cookware in the sink for too long. This prevents the rusting of iron.
How to Season?
All your products come pre-seasoned and ready to use. If you want to re-season the product you can follow the steps below –
- Wash and pat dry the cookware. (You can also heat in the stove mildly to remove any water.)
- Once it is dry, apply cooking oil all over. Heat the product under medium flame for 4-5 mins.
- After 5 mins, switch it off and let the product cool down completely.
- Once it is done, use a soft cloth or tissue to wipe away the excess oil.
Store the product in a dry place.