Your Shopping Cart(0)
Step by Step Guide to treating Terracotta / Mitti / Clay vessels:
- Firstly, immerse the vessel completely in a tub/bucket of water for at least 12 hours.
- Then, remove the terracotta vessel from water and allow it to dry thoroughly.
- Remember to wipe all the areas of the vessel with a dry cloth. Apply olive oil or vegetable oil uniformly across the surface.
- Fill the vessel with water up to 3/4 of capacity. Place the vessel in a gas stove and keep it in low flame and maintain for 5-15 minutes.
- Finally, wash the vessel and store it in a cool, dry place.
Seasoning the vessel enhances the sturdiness and durability of clay cookware, making it more crack-resistant.