Your Shopping Cart(0)
Tips to Clean Wooden Comb
Do you own The Indus Valley’s wooden combs? Healthy hair begins with a clear hair comb. A handmade neem wooden comb can be your hair’s best friend as there is nothing better for your scalp and hair than natural neem wood bristles. The best part of these wooden combs is that they are 100% natural and biodegradable.
Here are some tips on how to clean it. Compared to plastic combs, wooden combs do not accumulate dirt easily and are easy to clean. Here are some key points to remember:
- Always remember that wood doesn’t react well to water. Typically wood swells and eventually splinter if it is soaked in water for a long time. You can soak your comb before cleaning it. Ensure you do not soak it for more than 3 minutes.
- A mixture of warm water + soap + oil works great for wooden combs. Soak the comb in this mixture for 2 to 3 minutes. We recommend using a soft, cotton cloth to wipe off the cleaning solution from the comb.
- You can use an old toothbrush to clean between the brushes.
- Always remember to wipe the comb dry completely before use.
- Once dry, it is a good idea to apply hair oil on the comb on both sides. This will act as a protective film. Ensure you distribute the oil evenly across the surface.
- If you want to avoid using water, here is a method. Dip a clean piece of cloth in any natural oil (such as olive, jojoba or coconut oil) and then rub this all over your wooden comb. Use the cloth to rub across the surface of the comb to remove dirt from the comb. You can use an old toothbrush to clean between the brushes. Wipe again with a piece of cloth and you may even lay the clean wooden comb on the towel to soak up the oil overnight.
- If you use a detangling comb while you shampoo your hair, then give the comb a wash as well. Afterward, wipe the comb with a cloth and apply a little oil all over the comb once the water gets wiped.