Your Shopping Cart(0)
Think “Dosa” and surely your mouth would be watering. One of the most favourite south Indian dishes, dosa comes in many variations - masala dosa, paper roast, ghee dosa, neer dosa, atta dosa… The list goes on.
Be it any type of dosa, we suggest you try using a cast iron tawa for dosa making. Why? Read on…
Dosa without doubt is exceptionally healthy food. Since it is easy on the tummy, it is commonly made for breakfast in most Indian homes. Together with chutney and sambar, dosa is great to provide a delicious, healthy treat to your body in the mornings.
On an important note, if you can replace your existing non stick tawa with a healthier choice, like the cast iron tawa for dosa then it will yield multiple benefits. With this, one might consider various cast iron cookware advantages and disadvantages.
Take our word; the pros are a lot more than you can think of. When we are talking about dosa here, let’s walk through the cast iron tawa benefits for you.
1. Natural Element - As the name obviously suggests, cast iron tawa is built from natural material. You can thereby feel proud to have an eco-friendly product within your cooking routine.
6 Reasons Why You Must Use Cast Iron Tawa For Dosa
Whoever said that nature-based products have a boring appeal, is wrong. In fact, you will be amazed at different options available under the category of cast iron tawa with wooden handle at The Indus Valley.
2. Safe and Healthy - Using cast iron tawa for dosa is completely safe. For one, it has no chemical coating, like Teflon products. Branded non stick cookware is attractive, light-weight and easy to use. However, it is harmful because they are treated with strong chemicals so that the food doesn’t stick or burn instantly.
Secondly, a cast iron tawa pan will release a certain amount of iron in the food (when prepared on it). This way your haemoglobin level will be taken care of by default. We think this factor is the best among other cast iron tawa benefits!
3. Lifetime Usage - Another plus point about cast iron cookware is its sturdiness and durability; making it long lasting. Trendy, non stick dosa tawa might be convenient to use but it will lose its sheen after repeated usage.
You may then think of replacing the non stick tawa with a new one in a few years. Whereas, once you buy cast iron tawa, you don't have to worry about preserving its quality.
4. Improves with Time - When we are on the topic of its usage, you will be interested to know that cast iron cookware gets better with time. Repeated use of the cast iron tawa will improve its seasoning and enhance one’s cooking experience.
For the uninitiated ones, you can read our blog on How To Use Cast Iron Cookware For The First Time or know about Seasoning of Cast Iron Pan here.
5. Enhanced Flavour - While we already mentioned that cast iron cookware releases iron in the food, it also improves the flavour of any dish. One can expect to get a rustic taste from the food prepared in cast iron tawa and kadai.
Now you know how your granny makes such lip-smacking dosas and other traditional cuisines!
6. Perfect Gift - We have already covered saying that cast iron cookware is long-lasting. This way, it becomes quite ideal for gifting purposes. Its premium quality and health-oriented aspects makes a cast iron tawa, kadai or any other related product, a unique gift to present to someone you love and care for.
It is for this very reason, at The Indus Valley, we hail cast iron and iron cookware set as heirloom products.